Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring cleaning - Mid-week Edition

Aaahhh... It's finally feeling like Spring in the Minneapolis 'burbs. I'm on a cleaning jag. This never happens, so I have to write about it. It's a pretty big deal.
Today, since it's finally going to be warm and not rainy, I'm going to rake the yard, if for no other reason than to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather. I may only get the front yard done, but you know, that's something.
I'm also looking forward to going through my kids' clothes. I know they've grown out of a lot of stuff. My problem is that my younger son is fairly small framed compared to my older son. I don't know if I should hang on to clothes for him or donate them. It'll be at least 3 years before he'll be able to wear them. Do I really want to hang on to that stuff? Boys clothes are very much lacking in the thrift stores. Perhaps boys are simply harder on their stuff or they just don't get as many clothes as little girls do. I'm not sure. There's a very large part of me that wants to donate them.
Yesterday, I not only worked on Rachel's quilt, but I finished (or almost finished) three other projects that have been sitting around and cut fabric for a table runner and place mats. Yeah, the creative version of cleaning is slow going. I know that and I'm just going to make peace with it.
I even did some data entry on my pattern spread sheet. I had started out looking for a tunic pattern for some really fun fabric I found the other day. You know me. I can't go to the fabric store and only buy thread. Sadly, all the tunic patterns I have are not what I want to use for this fabric. I guess I'll have to make my own pattern. What I really want is something sort of peasant-y. Hmmm... you know what? I was searching tunics, not peasant. Duh. Well, to be fair, I really did start out wanting to make a tunic.
It wasn't until I got online to look at pattern inspiration that the peasant thing really popped up. I haven't had a peasant-style top or dress in ages. Since I was in the Society for Creative Anachronism and being a serving wench for feasts. This print is nowhere near "period" though. I have decided however, that my own personal authentic style has very little to do with things that are specifically "right".
How is your Spring cleaning progressing? Is it? Have you even started? Have you even thought about it? It's not something I've really thought about in the past. No need to beat yourself up if you haven't. But perhaps it's time...

No comments:

Post a Comment