Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Fresh Coat of Paint

A couple of weeks ago my husband decided it was time to freshen up our abode with new paint, trim around the doors and kitchen counter. He did the tiling of the counter and the trimming and I painted. I began to reflect on Spring, new beginnings, fresh starts and do-overs. (Hey, we finally had temperatures over 40* F, can ya blame me?)
The paint I chose wasn't too different from what we already had. I didn't want a total overhaul of everything. However, the living room paint is a bit brighter and the kitchen is a bit pinker. To be honest, though, if I didn't tell you I had painted, you probably wouldn't notice the difference. I was a bit worried at first, but it grew on me pretty quickly when I found a marble tile that coordinated with it so well that I really couldn't complain.
I did feel, however, that my living room would need new curtains. I have a table cloth that's about 10 years old that was my inspiration for the curtains. It's an Indian floral paisley print in yellows, greens and oranges on a white background. (Our new paint is orange - Fire Ant, specifically - and the trim is white) I knew I'd never find the same table cloth and I was thinking of adding even more or different colors, so I figured I'd start where I had found the previous cloth, World Market. I looked though every curtain they had. I found a few I liked but they weren't quite right and I just didn't want to settle for something that didn't speak to me on a very primal level. I wanted color, pattern, boldness, vibrance. I wanted something that would leap out of the dark recesses of winter and hurtle into Spring with abandon!
As I began to shuffle out of the store I passed the bath department and there they were - my perfect curtains! Technically an unlined shower curtain, I found color - every color! Pattern - paisley! Boldness and vibrance in abundance! So I bought two shower curtains and hung them from the bamboo rod over our front window. They were also a good $10 less each than any of the window curtains I kinda sorta liked and I only needed two of them instead of four. Oh, yeah. They were on sale and I had a coupon, too.
You never know where you're going to find just the right thing, do ya? I look at my new curtains and I'm filled with joy. The colors and pattern are better than I could've hoped.
So now I look to myself. I was officially accepted into the East West program at CenterPoint Massage and Shiatsu Therapy school. I have a whole new chapter in my life to look forward to living out. I'm going to sally forth with promise and hope, never being afraid to look for what I seek in places selcouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment