Sunday, July 27, 2014

Oops, I did it again.

I had ice cream last night. However, it was far less than I usually have (maybe a 1/2 cup) and I hadn't had any the rest of the week aaaand I've lost four pounds. I've also done really well at not spending extra, getting all of the boys' school supplies on sale or with coupons. In fact, the boys have done really well at not complaining about not getting any toys.
I will have to get them a few new clothes for school because I think my 11 year old has grown 2 inches over this summer and I know my eight year old's jeans are getting a little high water. However, a friend of mine brought my attention to TheChildrensPlace.com where you can get kids clothes at a deep discount. I'm thinking that's the place for my children to get their new clothes. Zulily has kid's clothes, too, but they're usually not as inexpensive, even if they are at a really good discount. I'm going to check them out later today, just to see the kinds of discounts they have for kid's stuff. I'm usually shopping Zulily for myself, to be honest. They have such a variety of styles and I'm always bound to find something I like. However, I'm not getting anything for myself this time. Not saying I won't be "window shopping" though.
I've updated my massage therapy website, CatalystBodyworkbyTracie.com. I've learned some new Shiatsu techniques including some really wonderful abdominal massage that is so helpful with digestion and general health and well-being that I can't recommend it enough. I actually think that it has helped in my weight loss, too. Okay, maybe that's foregoing the daily ice cream habit, but I feel awesome. I've also aced my practical exams and that right there is reason enough to get some bodywork done by yours truly. I have a few testimonials on my site, too. You should go check that out.
I can't believe my first term of massage school is almost done. We're talking about finals already. The time has really flown, which is great, because that means the rest of school will go quickly and I'll be able to get to work helping people feel better. My practice buddies are really enjoying and benefitting from their bodywork. It's very gratifying to know that I'm helping people feel better.
On the artwork front, I've been picking up the crochet hook again, getting ready for fall. I was actually inspired by my anatomy class, in which we use yarn to "build" muscles on skeletons. Having my hands on all that yarn made me itch to crochet, and I have a lot of yarn at home already, so I didn't have to buy anything to get started. My other project is some magazine collage art, but I'm going to need to get some art boards for that eventually, so right now I'm just cutting out the shapes and taking pictures of the way I want to lay them out when I do get those boards. I'll have to do some decoupage practice, too, because I haven't done it in a while.
Oh, I also made the fleece camp blankets for my boys. That was yesterday's project. I haven't made mine yet, but the boys have theirs and they helped me tie the knots. My knee wasn't thrilled, which is why I haven't made mine yet, but I'll get around to it. It'll be nice to make something for myself that I know I'll actually be keeping. So much of the stuff I've made lately has been under the assumption that I'll somehow manage to sell it. I'm so reluctant to sell my stuff, but I'm sure there will be someone who'll find it and say, "That's so me!" A kindred spirit. I've been on Pinterest, I know there are people like me out there.
Besides, I need to raise some money to get a Shiatsu table. I've been using a table in class and I can't believe the difference it makes. Unfortunately, a portable Shiatsu table (which is wider and sits lower than a standard western massage table) is almost $800. I've been saving the tips I make from my practice buddies, and I'd love to be able to pay for it all myself, rather than use family money to get it. I think this fall I'll have a special sale of my art and accessories to help me raise money for the table. It'll also help clear out my studio.
Well, I have a lot to think about and I've already given myself a bit of a headache with the overwhelming notion of it all. Carpe diem, flowerpots! Carpe diem!






1 comment:

  1. I screwed up on the link for The Children's Place. It's just www.childrensplace.com

    ReplyDelete