Saturday, March 22, 2014

My.. Buh... BABY!

I'm getting ready to finish a project. I'm sort of putting it off. It's a bit like launching your baby to kindergarten. However, it's paid for, so I simply must finish it. I have to start finishing it. There are only two steps left: rounding off the corners and attaching the binding. I'm excited and scared. Will my friend like it? Will it be the first of many such projects? My hands are shaking with anticipation.

Why does completion scare so many? Isn't that what we strive for: finishing the hat? Closing the deal? Getting a degree?

I'm also on tenterhooks because I'm waiting to find out if I've been accepted into the East West Massage Therapy Program at CenterPoint. All of my transcripts are in, I had my interview, I have recommendations in, including one from my therapist who thinks this is quite possibly the best thing I've ever pursued. I'm nervous. Everything seems to be falling into place. Again. I tend not to believe in omens or signs of any kind. The last few times I thought I was getting signs, I was sorely disappointed. Now I'm sorta anti-omen. I get scared when things seem to go my way and fall easily into place. Sure, I know I'm a nut job, but we all knew that already. I should know sometime next week and I'm freaking out.

Okay. Time for a deep breath and to head down to the studio with the "Happy Accidents" quilt. Time to prep that baby for launch...
10...9...8...7...6...5...

No comments:

Post a Comment